OE Pharos 2.0-ISH, the Original, Modern Era Titan Class Manual Coffee Grinder, designed by Orphan Espresso - the Hand Grinder People!
As of the summer of 2022 we are using up the last parts we have to build complete Pharos Grinders - we have enough to make about 30 grinders, which we're calling the Pharos 2.0-ISH. The -ISH part is that you can see in the pictures that the 2.0 had a pointer, and an inscribed index on the top plate. We do not have more inscribed plates - we have a decal which we will include (see the upgrade kit listing to see the decal). We have no more split collars with pointers, and due to manufacturing constraints we will not have more of these in the future... We're in our workshop in Idaho, so Doug will make these 2.0-Ish as they sell... These will be the last of the Pharos build.
The OE PHAROS 2.0-ISH Manual Coffee Grinder features:
- 68mm Italian made conical commercial steel grinding burr set
- Top and bottom replaceable bronze axle bearings
- Stepless top adjustment made simply and repeatably by use of a Stainless Steel split shaft collar, mounted on the fine threaded axle. The collar is tightened in place with a socket head cap screw, hex key is included.
- Large ergonomic soft revolving handle knob
- Rubber "popper stopper" top hole cover to seal top hopper when grinding and top "bean ring" which acts as a functional top bean funnel
- Integral Rubber base counter pad.
- Easy burr cleaning.
- Built to last ...the assembly plates AND bolt covers are anodized aluminum.
- The axle, handle, top cap cover, catch cup, and split collar are all stainless steel.
- Upper hopper chamber is clear PETG plastic.
- All assembly bolts are steel.
- 6.5" diameter body, 8" tall
- Weighs almost 5lb (2.4 kg) including the counter pad
- Designed in USA, manufactured in Taiwan
The PHAROS is a very aggressive hand mill. Speeds as low as 1 gram per turn the espresso range with slightly slower grinding on coarser settings.
The PHAROS 2.0-ISH is an updated design. It has a removable catch cup directly below the burr, held in place during grinding with a spring plate. If desired, an espresso filter basket, and OE dosing funnel (sold separately) may be used instead of the catch cup. The most important engineering advancement is that the grinding mechanism is now completely incorporated in the top two plates of the machine, factory aligned & set, and is now independent of the frame of the machine.
The OE PHAROS comes with full instructions.